From the article: Top 10 Most Influential Rock Bands
I've put together a list of the most influential bands in contemporary rock. But what bands had the greatest impact on you? Sound Off Now!
- Radiohead predicted the way alt.rock would shift years before the changes happened and adjusted their sound that way. SP are more of a personal influence, with ambitious, somewhat diverse music and the skills to match it.
- —Guest flowers
not the bands I was thinking of
- Cream,Jimi Hendrix,Beatles,Rolling Stones and Skrewdriver and the doors of course..and Spooky Tooth the list can go on
- —Guest hoonz81
My Top Bands
- Metallica Nickelback Nirvana Red Hot Chili Peppers Elvis Presley, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, Sex Pistols,
- —Guest Neeraj Sharma
- KISS, KISS and KISS! and Alice Cooper, Twisted Sister, Iron Maiden.... but I like others too: Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, etc...
- —Guest babao
Led Zeppelin,Beatles, Stones?
- C'mon, no band has ever influenced more than these three bands. Nirvan doesn't stand a chance against Led, the stones, or the beatles in any possible way.
- —Guest ader
The Who, Queen, and Muse
- There's not a lot of classic rock here, and I think Journey, Queen, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, and especially The Who, because Keith Moon and John Entwistle were some of the most talented musicians of the 60s. For modern artists, Muse is one of the best out there.
- —Guest Brook
- I agree with Jessie. If there is a band which infused blood into the 3 chord rock music its the Beatles. In the second place I would rate the Rolling Stones.
My Most Influencial Rock Bands
- My top 10 have got to be: 10. Chevelle 9. Aerosmith 8. Evanscence 7. Linkin Park 6. Three Days Grace 5. 3 Doors Down 4. AC/DC 3. Nickleback 2. Green Day and at number 1. Papa Roach these 10 are some of my favorites.
- —Guest Future Rock Star of America
Band that inspired
- good choices forgot Alice in Chains though Keep up the good work. nice to know not everyone likes rap and hip-hop or what ever the hell they call it.
- —Guest Jay
- WTF is your list? You really need listen to real rock songs. Start with Beatles, The Kinks, The Yardbirds, 60's stuff...
- —Guest Iuri
- The most influential bands of all time are ( in no order ) the beatles , the rolling stones , Queen ,Cream , The Jimi Hendrix Experience , Led Zeppelin ,Black Sabbath , Chuck berry and the 3 kings , the bb king band , Elvis Presley band , Robert Johnson , The Elton John Band , The Billy Joel Band , Pink Floyd , The Kinks , The Doors , Free/Bad Company , The Sex Pistols ,The Ramones, Derek and the Dominoes , THE YARDBIRDS , The Police, Double Trouble ,Santana ,Dire Straits , ACDC, Kiss, Nirvana and the list goes on and on
- —Guest The next Hendrix
- Journey's the band closest to my heart. I also love KISS, RATM, Saga, Styx, etc. Mostly 80's rock bands.
- —Guest me
Linkin Park and Slipknot
- Where is Linkin Park and Slipknot..........? You r kiddin if u tell me they dont blong der....... and limpbizkit..... LP and limpbizkit are the finest among raprock......
- —Guest vj tauruz
The greatest 2
- Metallica and Nirvana mostly, but SOAD, Guns N' Roses, KoRn...
- —Guest Nirvatallica
- starting with THE DOORS - CREAM - LED ZEPPLIN - BLACK SABBATH -RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
- —Guest fatman
1-15 of 22Next