In a press release on their website, Green Day announced that they'll hit the road at the end of March, about four months later than when they had initially planned to start touring. In the statement, Armstrong wrote, "I just want to thank you all for the love and support you've shown for the past few months. Believe me, it hasn't gone unnoticed and I'm eternally grateful to have such an amazing set of friends and family. I'm getting better everyday." As for the previously announced dates, the press release states, "Tickets for shows that had been postponed will be honored at these new dates. Should you have any questions regarding your tickets please contact your point of purchase. For those who purchased tickets for dates that are now canceled, refunds will be given at original point of purchase."
This North American tour currently ends April 12, but it's understood that Green Day will be hitting the West Coast as well. Those dates are expected to be announced soon.
No doubt this tour will be closely watched by industry observers. This will be the first time that Armstrong has appeared in public since his rehab stint. (And it won't be lost on anyone that what prompted his stint was an onstage meltdown back in September.) There was always going to be excitement about Green Day's first shows to promote their recent trilogy of records. But now, there will be an extra layer of drama and suspense concerning how Armstrong will handle the rigors of the road.
Green Day Tour Dates:
- Mar. 28 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena
- Mar. 29 - Moline, IL - I Wireless Center
- Mar. 31 - Pittsburgh, PA - Consol Energy Center
- Apr. 1 - Rochester, NY - Blue Cross Arena
- Apr. 3 - Philadelphia, PA - The Liacouras Center
- Apr. 4 - Fairfax, VA - Patriot Center
- Apr. 6 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
- Apr. 7 - Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center
- Apr. 9 - Providence, RI - Dunkin Donuts Center
- Apr. 11 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
- Apr. 12 - Quebec City, QC - Colisee Pepsi
- Apr. 16 - Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre
- Apr. 18 - Los Angeles, CA - Los Angeles Sports Arena
Photo courtesy BB Gun Press.