There's no word of a track list yet, but the album was produced by Nick Raskulinecz, who was also behind the boards for Diamond Eyes. And if that album news wasn't exciting enough, Deftones have also announced a fall tour, which will include Scars on Broadway as the opening act. Maybe this teaming shouldn't come as a surprise: In August, Deftones toured with System of a Down, which includes Scars members John Dolmayan and Daron Malakian.
In September, Deftones and Scars will plays two festivals, but starting October 9, the two bands will be hitting the road on their own. And then a month later, new Deftones music will be in our hands. This fall suddenly got a little more interesting.
Deftones Tour Dates:
- Sept. 22 - Irvine, CA - Epicenter
- Sept. 23 - Sacramento, CA - Aftershock Festival
- Oct. 9 - Ventura, CA - Ventura Theatre
- Oct. 10 - San Francisco, CA - Warfield
- Oct. 12 - Portland, OR - Roseland Ballroom
- Oct. 13 - Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo
- Oct. 14 - Vancouver, BC - Commodore Ballroom
- Oct. 16 - Boise, ID - Knitting Factory
- Oct. 17 - Salt Lake City, UT - In the Venue
- Oct. 19 - Denver, CO - Fillmore Auditorium
- Oct. 20 - Kansas City, MO - Harrah's
- Oct. 21 - Columbia, MO - The Blue Note
- Oct. 23 - Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
- Oct. 24 - Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Music Theatre
- Oct. 26 - Baltimore, MD - Rams Head Live
- Oct. 28 - Philadelphia, PA - The Electric Factory
- Oct. 29 - Boston, MA - House of Blues
- Oct. 30 - New York, NY - Terminal 5
Photo: 13th Witness.